History and Vision

Our History and Vision

The Trustees of Funds and Endowments traces its roots back to 1848 and has been incorporated under the laws of Wisconsin since the 1890s. It is a 501(c)3 organization, and separate from the diocese. It is governed by the Constitution and Canons of the Episcopal Diocese of Milwaukee. It exists to promote the financial growth and stability of parishes and other organizations within the diocese.

Our vision is to create the financial basis for Episcopal parishes and individuals to live their Baptism and allow future generations to flourish with thriving, sustainable parishes. We partner with local parishes, ministries, and individuals in realizing their vision for ministry, now and in the future.

TFE is managed by a Board consisting of 11 members; 6 elected by Convention (2 each year to staggered 3-year terms), 3 appointed by the Board (1 each year to staggered 3-year terms), and the Bishop and Treasurer of the diocese as ex-officio members with voice and vote.  TFE is administered by an Executive Director appointed by the Board, currently Jill Heller.